If you love Johnnie Ward then you are in for a treat! Johnnie Ward & the Eagle Ridin’ Papas perform Tuesday, July 1st, at 8:30 p.m.
- Doug Marx – guitar, lead vocal
- Johnnie Ward – guitar., vocal
- Claes Almroth – harp, vocal;
- Paul Bassett – washboard
- Lauren Sheehan – mandolin
- Bill Uhlig – Upright Bass
Johnnie Ward, originally from Portland, has performed with bands including the PH Phactor Jug Band, and opened for Moby Grape, The Grateful Dead, Pentangle, The Doors, and several other famous groups.
Some of his tunes are available on myspace.
Johnnie Ward also kicks off Open Mic/Jam on Thursday July 3rd, at 8:30. So come on in and enjoy Johnnie times two!
Here are a few of the world’s craziest facts about beer!
- City with the Most Breweries – Portland, OR Everyone knows that Oregon is the beer capitol of America, with 212 breweries. Portland alone hosts 54 of those breweries, with 74 in the Portland Metro Area. That makes Portland the city with the most breweries in the world. Willamette Rive in Portland, OR.
- The average ABV (Alcohol By Volume) for beer is usually 4-6%, but typically ranges from 2- 12%. Brewmeister Armageddon, produced by Brewmeister contains 65.0% ABV, which means that it is stronger than all of the common hard alcohols such as Vodka (40% ABV), Whiskey (40% ABV), and Rum (37.5% ABV). That’s a whole lot of alcohol in one beer. Brewmeister Armageddon
- The highest rated beer as of 2014 is 3 Fonteinen Hommage, brewed in Beersel, Belgium. [ratebeer]. Beersel Castle in Belgium
- Brewmeister’s Snake Venom has a whopping 2,025 calories in a 275ml bottle. That’s pretty much an entire day’s worth of calories.
Have a great week and we’ll see ya there!