They are playing their fantastic blues, swing, jazz, and also featuring Portland blues legend Johnnie Ward and Chanteuse Lauren Sheehan. Johnnie, who is a Muddy Award winner, leads the band on tenor saxophone, harmonica, saxcello, and vocals. They feature original music as well as a wide variety of material from Ella Johnson, Howlin’ Wolf, and Thelonious Monk. Catch their performance on youtube.
Don’t forget to join us every Sunday night at 6:30 p.m. for Quizzies hosted by Roy Smallwood and free Hold ‘em Poker on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
Did you know?
- There are an estimated forty-nine million (49,000,000) bubbles in a bottle of Champagne.
- Vodka has been the largest selling distilled spirit in the US for over 25 years and one of every four alcohol drinks consumed in the world is vodka or vodka-based.
- The strongest that any alcohol beverage can be is 190% proof (or 95% alcohol). At higher proof, the beverage draws moisture from the air and self-dilutes.
- Foot treading of grapes is still used in producing a small quantity of the best port wines.
- A trokenbeerenauslese is a type of German wine made from vine-dried grapes so rare that it can take a skilled picker a day to gather enough for just one bottle.
Have a great week and we’ll see ya there!