Kevin Marcotte and Friends are playing at Mock Crest Tavern Thursday, February 20th, at 8:30 p.m. If you’re familiar with Bad Assets, then you’ve heard Kevin play before. He shares the stage with them as vocals and bass player.
Kevin brings a raw sound to his country music. He has quite the reputation as a singer-songwriter that‘s capable of delivering songs from the Waylon and Willie variety and adding his own personal flavor. Based in Portland, Kevin currently plays with Bad Assets, but has recently assembled a crew of musicians throughout the region. They bring a classic county style to the stage.
He has also put in his time playing bass for Seven Year Tango and Colin Lake and Wellbottom. Now he’s ready to add a new group to the scene. The “new band” plans on continuing on with classic country, playing some old favorites as well as some originals.
Have the trivia tips helped anyone during Roy Smallwood’s Quizzy trivia? Here are a few local tidbits for you, and don’t forget to join everyone every Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
- Oregon’s state flag pictures a beaver on its reverse side. It is the only state flag to carry two separate designs.
- Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.
- The Columbia River gorge is considered by many to be the best place in the world for windsurfing.
- Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States and is formed in the remains of an ancient volcano.
- Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations.
- Eugene was the first city to have one-way streets.
- At 8,000 feet deep Hells Canyon is the deepest river gorge in North America.
- Oregon’s state birthday is on February 14, Valentine’s Day.
Have a great week and we’ll see ya there!