If you love Johnnie Ward then this is your lucky week! Johnnie Ward & the Eagle Ridin’ Papas perform February 4th, at 8:30 p.m.
- Doug Marx – guitar, lead vocal
- Johnnie Ward – guitar., vocal
- Claes Almroth – harp, vocal;
- Paul Bassett – washboard
- Lauren Sheehan – mandolin
- Bill Uhlig – Upright Bass
Johnnie Ward, originally from Portland, has performed with bands including the PH Phactor Jug Band, and opened for Moby Grape, The Grateful Dead, Pentangle, The Doors, and several other famous groups.
Some of his tunes are available on myspace.
Johnnie Ward also starts off Open Mic/Jam on Thursday February 6th at 8:30. So come on in and enjoy Johnnie times two!
How are your trivia skills shaping up so far? Are you gathering your tips and tidbits ready for Quizzies and Roy Smallwood on Sunday night? Here’s a few more trivia facts for you:
- Sir Winston Churchill was a total booze hound. He would start each day with a whiskey before moving on to brandy and martinis later in the afternoon and evening.
- Distilled alcohol beverages 1st appeared 12th century Europe among alchemists who were more interested in medical “elixirs” than making gold from lead.
- Spirits may be served in a variety of ways, some of which include:
- On the rocks — spirits are to be served and drunk over ice.
- Straight up — the spirit is to be shaken or stirred with ice, but drunk by itself, with the ice filtered out.
- Neat — the spirit is served and consumed by itself, with nothing added.
- With a simple mixer such as tonic water, cola, etc.
- With water
Have a great week and we’ll see ya there!