It’s almost TGIF so make your plans to come on in to Mock Crest Tavern and start your weekend off with the Lee Blake Blues Band Friday, January 24th at 9:00 p.m.
Lee Blake has played the blues and R&B for more than forty years. He performs with several bands including The Lee Blake Band, a trio, and sometimes adds players for larger venues and performances. He also plays solo performing roots music on a Regal/ National steel bodied resophonic guitar.
For additional information and tunes visit Lee Blake at Reverbnation.
I know how much fun it is to read trivia facts, especially if your planning on attending Quizzies and kicking some butt. Here’s some more fun alcohol tidbits for you:
- Consumption of beer in the United States is about 33 gallons per person per year based on persons over the drinking age of 21 years old.
- Most yeasts cannot grow when the concentration of alcohol is higher than about 18% by volume, so that is a practical limit for the strength of fermented beverages such as wine, beer, and sake.
- Fortified wines are produced by adding brandy or other distilled spirits to achieve higher ABV than is easily reached using fermentation alone.
- The Top 3 countries in the World in per capita beer consumption are the Czech Republic, Germany, and Ireland.
- The Top 3 countries in the world with the highest tax rates on beer are Norway, Finland, and Canada.
- Gin was invented in Holland in 1650 about the same time European settlers in the West Indies began distilling sugar cane into Rum.
Have a great week and we’ll see ya there!