Eric Vanderwall joins Mock Crest Tavern on Thursday, January 16th, and begins playing at 8:30 p.m.
Eric first picked up the guitar in 1997, but states his journey didn’t truly begin until he attended Oregon State University in 2009 and studied guitar with Neal Grandstaff. While there his experience and learning broadened as he learned and studied different jazz styles and classical literature. During those years Eric also studied all the styles of solo guitar music, including lute music of the Renaissance, ragtime, fiddle tunes, blues and more.
I know we are into the second full week of 2014 and thought a few fun facts would be in order. And, who knows, they might help you at Quizzies!
- Sixty-one percent of Americans say a prayer on New Year’s Eve. No word on whether or not they are praying to wake up on time for work come New Year’s morning.
- Forty-one percent of American adults make plans to kiss someone at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve.
- Not everyone is spending the first few minutes of their year kissing loved ones and dancing on tables. Twenty-two percent of Americans admit to falling asleep before midnight.
- Many Americans believe that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day will ensure good luck in the new year.
- The most popular New Year’s resolutions are as follows: Weight loss, getting organized, spending less and saving more, staying fit and finally, quitting smoking.
I’ll have some more fun New Year’s facts next post so stay tuned!
Have a great week, and we’ll see ya there!